Monday, July 12, 2010

put THAT on your blog

Greetings! I'm blogging to you live from the Florida coastline. I love technology.

My family made it down to the beach in record time yesterday, and the car ride was pretty typical for the Todd clan. It went a little something like this:

- Load up the car.
- Kiss the dog 50 times to make sure he knows that we love him and are going to return. Promise to bring him back a snow globe.
- Pull out of the driveway.
- Turn around because someone has forgotten something.
- Break out the playlists.
- Discover the real lyrics to songs. For example, did you know that the words to "Sweet City Woman" do not really say, "sweet Sicily woman" OR, "sweet silly woman"? Neither did we!!
- Stop at McDonald's so I can stock up on apple pies for the rest of the trip.
- Catch approximately 23 diseases from said McDonald's restroom.
- Hit the road again and make fun of everything/everyone we see. No one is safe.
- Come to the conclusion that Genesis was an awesome band.
- Cover our ears while dad has a "friendly chat" with the GPS.
- Arrive at the beach and head straight for the henna tattoos.

We've had a great time at the beach so far. I've been doing a lot of eating, sleeping, laying in the sun until I wimp out because I'm too hot, people watching and eating. Oh, and I've been eating a lot, too. Don't look at me like that... it's vacation! Tonight, if we're lucky, I think my dad is going to take us on a tour of every souvenir shop that has a shark's mouth for its doors. And he said if we're really good, we can get one of those preserved sharks in a jar! YESSS!! FINALLY!

I'm so glad this is labeled "SHARK." Now I know not to open that jar!

My poor family has learned there is always a chance that anything they do or say will end up on this blog (or be used against them in the court of law). It's become pretty evident on this trip. They preface everything with, "Uhhh... you aren't going to write about this, are you?" to which I reply, "Only if it's embarrassing, and unless you pay me $10." My father, a creative and comedic genius, has come up with a new catchphrase. Now every time he says something funny, he follows it with a sarcastic, "Hey Brittany, put THAT on your blog!"

Well dad, I just did.

Gotta go, kids. I'm off to get a hair wrap!


1 comment:

  1. So glad you got to hang with my kids some! You know you can get a real tat in florida.

    ReplyDelete