Tuesday, November 2, 2010

on snow globes




I've been a little shaky lately. Sometimes even a little queasy. And no, it's not from all the Halloween candy.

I'm being exposed to a lot. I'm learning a lot. My head is spinning a lot.

I feel like a snow globe, turned upside down and tossed about. Don't get me wrong... it's a beautiful thing. All the glitter floating around, suspended and reflecting the light. It's actually very cool. But I'm being shaken, nonetheless.

But just when I think my head and heart are about to explode, and my little globe is about to shatter, I remember the Rock.

"For who is God, but the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God? This God is my strong refuge and has made my way blameless. He made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure on the heights. He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

You have given me the shield of your salvation, and your gentleness made me great. You gave a wide place for my steps under me, and my feet did not slip."
- 2 Samuel 22:32

What a firm foundation. What a blessed comfort and security. My feet have not moved! I have not slipped! I'm just holding on tighter. And enjoying the glitter. And reflecting the Light.


No comments:

Post a Comment