Saturday, April 3, 2010

formal and PIE

Looks like I'm a little behind on my blogging. You must forgive me... I've been really busy with organizing my sock drawer and stuff. But for those of you that keep up with this blog (aka my mother and now... Jay Harper! holla.), there are a few things to update you on.

First things first... formal! I had a great date (who I may or may not have asked via Twitter, and who was a really good dancer/spinner, and who thought the song "Dixieland Delight" was "Dixie Dandelion")...


some great food, courtesy of the Rockaway girls...


and some great friends, who don't know how to pose for pictures...


Needless to say (although I'm about to say it anyway), a great time was had by all. And yes, I am aware that I was the only one wearing a short dress.

Next up... my birthday! The only logical place to celebrate this year was Miss Myra's, a hole-in-the-wall barbeque joint that has my heart. And the best lemon icebox pie in town. Wait... make that... the nation.

No, that is not Miss Myra in the background, although she is very nice. But that is my friend Ann Elizabeth giving the thumbs up. We love pie. And yes, those are hundreds of miniature pigs that you see. Even more reason why I love this place; they celebrate the lives of the animals they kill. It's a nice tribute, and I admire their compassion. This is the longest picture caption ever.
*all photos courtesy of Alison, the roommate that almost died.

Alpha Delta Pi(e) love

Beeson roomies. Long live l-dawg. And the Fourth of July decorations behind us.

I can't end this post without showing you this girl:

Meet Courtney- my former roommate, current friend (we were friends when we lived together, too), freestyle rapper, Beyonce buff, and now... blogger. And a really good one at that. You should check out her blog, A Carolina Concoction. Like, right now. You might find a post entirely dedicated to me... just know that none of it is true. Especially the Steve Harvey part.

1 comment:

  1. For much of my youth, I too thought it was "Dixie Dandelion"...but then I GREW UP for crying out loud!

    ReplyDelete