Monday, April 26, 2010

love is in the air

I really like this song, and I highly suggest that you listen to it:


Give me rules
I will break them
Give me lines
I will cross them
I need more than a truth to believe
I need a truth that lives, moves, and breathes
To sweep me off my feet
It ought to be

More like falling in love
Than something to believe in
More like losing my heart
Than giving my allegiance
Caught up, called out
Come take a look at me now
It's like I'm falling, oh
It's like I'm falling in love

Give me words
I'll misuse them
Obligations
I'll misplace them
'Cause all religion ever made of me
Was just a sinner with a stone tied to my feet
It never set me free

...It's like I'm falling in love, love, love
Deeper and deeper
It was love that made
Me a believer
In more than a name, a faith, a creed
Falling in love with Jesus brought the change in me


There's a lot I want to say right now. Good thing I have a blog.


For the past couple of weeks, I have found my heart in a perpetual state of wonder and adoration of the Lord. Maybe it's the beautiful weather we've been having. Or maybe it's not just the change from winter to spring, but also the upcoming change of seasons in my life. Whatever it is, something's going on in this little soul o' mine. I think it's love.



My heart literally skips a beat when I think about the goodness of the "truth that lives, moves and breathes." My stomach flutters when I reflect on God's faithfulness in every aspect of my life. Of course, all of this skipping and fluttering could be due to the insane amount of Arby's Beef 'n Cheddars I've been eating lately, but I choose to believe it's something spiritual. I believe I'm being "caught up and called out" into the depths of Christ's love.



I wish I always felt this way about the Lord. But unfortunately I'm often too preoccupied with the operations of Brittany Land (no, I don't have my own theme park... yet. This was a metaphorical statement). I'm so thankful that despite my misused words, broken obligations, and even my doubts, my faith can rest in Someone who is more than a name or creed.



There's a lot more where that came from, but I'll quit my rambling for now. The real reason for this post was to tell you some exciting news...



Yep... you guessed it. I made an A on my Psychology paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment