Wednesday, May 19, 2010

bittersweet

Well... it happened.

No, Oprah did not ask me to come on her show to demonstrate my cereal recipe. She still hasn't returned any of my calls.

But I did graduate from college.

How do I feel?



I feel like chocolate.

Yep. The bittersweet kind. You know... the kind that you're not sure if you like at first. But then, with each bite, it just gets better and better. And pretty soon, after about a dozen (or 50) little chips, you realize how delicious this chocolate is. Then you start to see all of the possibilities to explore with this chocolate. You could put it in some muffins or cookies if you wanted. Or, if you're feeling really crazy, you could melt the chocolate, then dip some strawberries in it. Or, if you're like me, you could sit back, relax, and think about what you're going to do with that chocolate. You might, I don't know, be a nanny or something while you're deciding what route you should take.

This analogy may not make much sense to you. I don't think I even get it anymore. Now I'm just thinking about muffins.

The point is, at first I wasn't excited about this whole "graduation" concept. But now I'm realizing all of the possibilities that come with moving on. I'm only four days into this post-grad experience, but I don't think it's going to be as bitter as I once thought. I'm actually expecting it to be very sweet. Very sweet, indeed.



No comments:

Post a Comment