Sunday, May 30, 2010

it's a new day

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears;

I come to you with great news. I have successfully replicated Miss Myra's famous lemon icebox pie recipe. After many tries and failures over the past several years, I am pleased to announce that I am no longer a slave to my late-night lemon icebox cravings. I no longer have to cry alone in my car when I realize the restaurant doesn't open until lunch time (so what if I wanted to have a slice for breakfast?). I no longer have to suffer the embarrassment of walking into the barbeque establishment alone and leaving with only a to-go box of dessert.

Citizens of the world, it is a new day. And now I want to share my joy with you. After you see this recipe, you are probably going to think it is a joke. Like I would ever be sarcastic...

This really is incredibly simple. Almost as easy as the cereal and tarts.

You can thank me later:

Ingredients:
1 and 1/2 tubs (12 oz) of Cool Whip
1/2 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1/2 can (12 oz) frozen lemonade concentrate

Directions:
Are you ready for this?

Mix it all together and throw it in a prepared graham cracker crust (I doubled the crust recipe so it would be extra thick).

Done.

I can't believe that the object of my affection for all these years has just been three ingredients. Looks like Myra is a smart gal. And now I can be just like her.

Also, it seems that I only blog about food these days. Hopefully that will change in the future. But for now, I must go polish this off:

1 comment:

  1. Mail me a slice.

    P.S. Courtney and I used to make this freshman year in our dorm room, but with lime juice instead of lemonade. Guess we should've passed the recipe on to you...

    ReplyDelete